Maier & Maier, PLLC is an internationally known and respected intellectual property law firm, conveniently located in Alexandria, Virginia next to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
U.S. Trademark Search & U.S. Federal Trademark Application
Our trademark service is not just an ordinary trademark application filing service. At Maier and Maier, our focus is on intellectual property, and we go the extra mile to serve our clients and protect their brand. Our licensed attorneys, including several former Patent and Trademark Examiners, will work with you personally at all stages of the trademark search and trademark application process.
The owner of a trademark may file and prosecute his or her own application for registration of the mark, or he or she may be represented by an attorney or other individual authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in trademark cases.
Individuals who are not attorneys are not recognized to practice before the Office in trademark and other non-patent matters.
- United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- A trademark is a sign, logo, symbol or indicator used in commerce in order to signify that certain products or services are produced or offered by certain companies.
- Trademark law affords companies the ability to distinguish their products from those of competitors.
- Trademarks also serve to provide a certain level of consumer protection, as consumers may come to expect a certain degree of quality from products associated with certain brands.
- Unlike patent law, trademark law is not governed by explicit federal policies and is instead protected under the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.
- Trademarks are not necessarily awarded to the first person to invent or derive a trademark; trademarks are awarded to the first person or business to use a distinctive mark in commerce.
* + gov't fees | ** from http://legalzoom.com as of 08-15-2011 | *** from http://directlegal.com as of 08-15-2011